Deutsche Version

Hier geht's zu deutschsprachigen Version: www.bratschenrad.blogspot.com

Sonntag, 29. Juni 2014

Freiburg!

Finally arrived in Freiburg. But I am dead. I have no idea how I managed 2 years ago to go up to 130 km a day on the bike, in the mountains. Today I made 95 km and am sure that I will never be able anymore to sit or even to move.
But I arrived in Freiburg and am sitting in the beautiful room from a friend of a friend of a friend :-)

After a night in the really nice YMCA-Hostel Basel (except of a snoring woman..), I started at 9 this morning.
Bye bye, Basel!

The weather forecast had announced only rain, but I was incredibly lucky and only got some very short showers.
The viola on the back is much less annoying than I had thought, and by the way, you always get into conversations with people :-) Nevertheless the extra-weight is more tiring, and the gravel path doesn't make it better...






Beautiful Rhine
 Anyway, the trail along the river is really beautiful. The only thing is, I forgot to check about the water level (who would have thought about that...). The result was that I once had to carry the bike and all the luggage through a river, that was crossing my path - it is usually probably just a rill...





No chance... Carry!


 Conclusion of the day: Don't plan too long stages. I changed the plan for the next days and will start in Freiburg one day earlier than I actually wanted, so already tomorrrow, in order to distribute the distance of 2 days  on 3. Otherwise I probably wouldn't survive, and the people who have to listen to my playing neither ;-)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen